There are many ways to participate in the Community Loan Fund. In addition to donating or investing, borrowing or attending a workshop, you can refer prospective investors and donors, refer potential borrowers or volunteer.
Refer prospective investors and donors….
If you appreciate the value of our community development work, please help spread the word. We offer individuals and organizations an opportunity to be part of the solution to existing problems by pooling money with other community-minded supporters to make a real difference right in our backyard.
Word of mouth goes a long way in attracting new supporters. Please tell us of any people you know who may have an interest in socially concerned investing or other types of support.
Are you a member of a faith-based or civic organization that has an interest in investing in or donating to the Community Loan Fund? Investments are loans to our lending capital pool ranging from $1,000 to $500,000 which can be customized to fit the investor’s needs. There is a choice of interest rate, currently from zero to 2%, depending on the chosen term length.
Please let us know:
- if you would like us to give you information about the Community Loan Fund to pass on to potential supporters
- if you would like us to contact these prospects directly
- if you would like us to make a presentation to an organization or committee in which you are a member
Refer borrowers – nonprofits or small businesses
Recent survey takers have told us that the Community Loan Fund is “the best kept secret in town.”
Please let your contacts know that we provide:
- financing for nonprofit organizations up to $500,000
- financing up to $25,000 for start-up and $50,000 for existing women, minority and low-income entrepreneurs
- business plan training classes, workshops and one-on-one consultation
The Community Loan Fund has a small, but hardworking, staff and relies on volunteer assistance for many of our programs and services.
If you are interested in getting involved, please call us at 436-8586 to discuss:
- Volunteering and in-kind assistance
- Serving on a committee
- Taking on an administrative task
- OFFERING YOUR OWN SPECIAL EXPERTISE!