Jobs at the Community Loan Fund
The Community Loan Fund is a 36-year old nonprofit organization with deep roots in the community. Would you like to join our team? Here are the positions we have available right now:
Director of Training and Technical Assistance
The Director of Training and Technical Assistance shall oversee the Training and Technical Assistance Program and supervise Training and TA staff.
In pursuit of the Community Loan Fund’s mission, the Director of Training and Technical Assistance shall work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment with other staff and volunteers.
Director of Training and Technical Assistance responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop business training workshops for small businesses, non-profit organizations, and underserved populations. Workshops cover full range of topics associated with starting and running a business (business planning, financial management, sales and marketing, branding, MWBE certifications, etc.). Produce 2-3 workshops a month.
- Partner with relevant community organizations to present and promote workshops (Libraries, chambers, co-working spaces and community centers).
- Lead efforts to recruit instructors from the community. Engage their network through promotions.
- Schedule, manage, and approve scholarship applications for 8-Week Business Planning Courses (3 per year).
- Direct our online training program, Edupreneur. Collaborate with other staff to plan and create new digital content that guides and supports emerging entrepreneurs.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring to start-up businesses, small businesses, and non-profit organizations. Support their success by providing guidance, referrals, and technical support.
- Assist business owners with business plans, competitive analysis, marketing plans, and other projects foundational to success.
Albany Center for Economic Success Incubator Assistance
- Promote the affordable office space and shared services available in our Albany Center for Economic Success business incubator.
- Identify prospective tenants for the business incubator. Introduce them to facilities, provide tours.
- Plan and develop Child Care Accelerator Program
- Oversee the reception of planning materials from area architects and engineers, making them available to interested small businesses.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Training and TA department and assist with Community Loan Fund office operations.
- Track and report on information associated with the Training and Technical Assistance program.
- Be alert to new sources of funding and pass that information along to development department and Executive Director.
- Maintain a tracking system for clients served through the Training and TA Department – including intake, demographics and services provided.
- Be familiar with the area geographically and with respect to the surrounding communities of the 11-county area where we serve, maintain and strengthen alliances with other service providers in small business development.
- Participate in the life of the region with respect to anything that would be of benefit to the community loan fund: community activities, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Abilities – successful applicant shall have:
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years’ experience in a relevant field. Degree in Business, Business Administration, Communications, Community Development, Educational Studies, Marketing, Social Work, or Nonprofit Management.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of projects.
- Ability to take initiative to develop new workshops.
- Manage multiple projects & meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing and personable, with ability to work with diverse populations.
- Team player. Knows success depends on collaboration and communication.
- Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated ability to utilize spreadsheet, word-processing & database management programs, desk-top publishing programs, power point presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform efficiently & effectively in small office environment.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Individual health insurance.
- Vacation and other paid days off per personnel policies.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Retirement contributions per retirement plan.
Reports to: Executive Director
Applications will be accepted immediately and until position is filled. The Community Loan Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, People of Color, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest and resume to: Director of Training & Technical Assistance Search, Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region, Inc., 255 Orange St., Albany, NY 12210 or email LindaM@mycommunityloanfund.org No phone calls please.
The Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region is a non-profit community development financial institution serving the Capital Region of New York State — Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren & Washington Counties. Incorporated in 1985, our mission is to promote sustainable community development efforts for economically underserved people and communities. We provide access to capital by pooling investments and donations from socially concerned individuals and organizations, and re-lending it to non-profit organizations for affordable housing and community services, to micro enterprises for business development, and to individuals for home ownership and repair. We provide free one-on-one business counseling, as well as training and technical assistance programs.