Part of what makes the Community Loan Fund’s lending program so effective is that we also offer specialized training and workshops to social and micro entrepreneurs – providing financial support on the front end as well as management and training on the back end.
Over the past year, we’ve hosted workshops on: marketing and branding, how to set up a nonprofit, quick books and accounting, payroll and human resources, copyright and intellectual property – just to name a few.
Free Legal Clinics
Do you have questions about:
- The various forms of business ownership and how to establish your structure
- Purchasing an existing business
- Protecting Assets
- Leases, closing, permit/zoning issues
- Contracts—purchase contracts, work contracts
- Financing—commitment letters, pre-conditions, closings
In addition to workshops, the Community Loan Fund, in partnership with The Legal Project of the Capital District Women’s Bar Association, holds quarterly legal clinics. Volunteer attorneys with expertise in business-related issues meet with small business owners for a free, one-on-one consultation. Registration is required. Check out our events page to sign up for the next Free Legal Clinic or contact The Legal Project at (518) 435-1770.