The Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region can help your nonprofit organization by providing affordable financing and user-friendly technical assistance for your program or project. We’re a nonprofit financial institution with a community development mission – and that makes us unique.
We specialize in providing loans and technical assistance to nonprofit organizations for affordable housing, human services and/or help revitalizing your community. We have worked with hundreds of nonprofit groups in eleven counties: Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington.
Our financing can be used to:
- Purchase or renovate real property for nonprofit office and program space
- Purchase or renovate real property for affordable housing, supportive or special needs housing
- Improve the energy efficiency of buildings
- Purchase equipment, vehicles or other assets necessary to operate successful programs Expand programs or services
- Provide lines of credit to support cash flow while awaiting funds from grants, contracts or other receivables
How do I apply?
Meet with us: To learn more about lending and apply for a loan, set up a meeting with our lending officers.
Fill out application: Our lending staff are friendly, courteous and want to see you succeed. If your business is mission-appropriate, we would ask you to complete an application. After initial review and throughout the underwriting process, additional information may be requested.
Lending Committee Review: When the loan application process is completed, the lending officer presents the request to our Lending Committee who will make a decision on the loan. Our Lending Committee evaluates each loan request based on the business owner’s presented plan, and its potential promise for the community. If necessary, the loan application may be presented to the Board of Directors for a final decision. The Lending Committee and the Board of Directors meet monthly.
Interested in a loan for your organization?
Complete this brief form to set up an appointment with our team.